[squeak-dev] Re: Cross fork development model

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 13:17:51 UTC 2009

> Keith, just to know, I'm also on Adreas side. As a growing number of
> people are, just in case you didn't noticed yet by yourself.

What is Andreas' side?

I am not talking about any technical issues here. I am primarily
concerned with the way some are prepared to treat others.

The board exists to provide older and wiser oversight and direction, to
what may otherwise be a chaotic situation. The board does not exist to
cause chaos, and undermine the efforts and energies of the community, or
specific members thereof.

This is an important issue for me, and this incident has shown me that
there are certain people, for whom treating others badly without even
any communication, is perfectly acceptable. Three members of the board,
have in their discussions with me indicated that they are prepared to
ride roughshod over other people's work and effort, without caring for
the consequences. This is not what the board was elected for.

I voted for members of the board to act professionally and to represent
us in a professional manner. I didn't vote for people in order to
elevate them to a position from which I could then in turn be treated in
a rude, and condescending manner.

As far as I am concerned the way Andreas has behaved in relation to the
people issue has left me with absolutely no desire to work for or with
him at all. If you are "on his side", and believe that it is ok to treat
people like this, then I have no desire to work with you either.

So basically, I am making no further contribution to "squeak" until the
board, considers its position, and publishes its articles and terms of
engagement. The rot, starts and stops at the top. If the board is
willing to treat people like this, then really they are no board at all.

This is complicated by the fact that the board is not the squeak
community, it is but one tiny part. I haven't worked out what my ongoing
contribution to the wider squeak community is going to be in the longer
term.
> And as I already said and others are pointed out too: it is your
> attitude which is to blame. So, maybe it is a time to listen that wise
> person, and think about it! Otherwise I'm afraid you won't find much
> places where you'll be celebrated anymore.
>
> Best regards
> Janko

You are on the webteam, perhaps you would do well to realise that you
are one election away from being replaced without consultation or
consideration. If you go on holiday, be prepared for all your work to be
replaced while you are away.

this is simply not an acceptable way for our elected board to behave,
and those who think that it is should resign forthwith.

Keith