[squeak-dev] how to extract the audio from .pr?

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:35:20 UTC 2009

On Sunday 12 Jul 2009 10:26:57 pm Felipe López Toledo wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I'm a newbie using squeak,
> I'm having some troubles, perhaps you could help me :)
>
> I would like to extract the audio files from a squeak Open Learning
> Exchange Nepal activity (.pr file).
AFAIK, there are no ready-made methods to export sound in any compressed
formats. The sound library in SampledSound class stores sounds as raw 8-
bit/16-bit samples. The class has methods to read WAV and AIFF files but no
corresponding write methods :-(. You could write out raw samples from the
sound clip in the library and then use sound conversion utilities on the host
to convert samples to WAV, mp3 etc.

HTH .. Subbu