[squeak-dev] Preference #swapMouseButtons in Cuis?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jul 16 10:54:26 UTC 2009

On 16.07.2009, at 02:47, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>> Yes... :(
>>

>> Err, you can register a method to be called whenever a preference
>> is changed.
>>
>> - Bert -
> Right! In this case instead of setting the 'value' instance variable
> in the preference, you'd do 'self preferenceValue: true'.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

No, what I meant is that even if you change a preference in the
preferences dialog, a method can be executed to make all adjustments
necessary. In fact, in my image the #swapMouseButtons preference does
inform InputSensor:

(Preferences preferenceAt: #swapMouseButtons) longPrintString
'name: 	#swapMouseButtons
value: 	false
defaultValue: 	false
helpString: 	''if true, swaps mouse buttons 2 and 3''
localToProject: 	false
categoryList: 	#(#general)
changeInformee: 	InputSensor
changeSelector: 	#installMouseDecodeTable
viewRegistry: 	a PreferenceViewRegistry
'

- Bert -