For how long UUID issue will bite us? (Was: Re: [squeak-dev] Closure testers needed)

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 21:54:04 UTC 2009

There's a well known work around to the problem which is to remove the
UUID plugin. Unfortunately the plugin works reliably on some Linuxes
including older Ubuntus but fails for others like newer Ubuntus. This
work around has been added to the latest Exupery VMs by Damien.

I aim to look at the root cause but it will need to wait until I've got
time. Others are welcome to investigate now. It does not effect either
Ubuntu 8.04 or Gentoo which are the versions I personally use.

Bryce