[squeak-dev] SqueakSVN

Robert Krahn robert.krahn at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jul 19 22:19:49 UTC 2009

This sounds like a reasonable approach if Git metadata is clearly
defined (I have no Git experience...). What level of abstraction, what
operations, and what kind of tools are you planning to implement?

Best,
Robert

On Jul 18, 2009, at 11:53 PM, Jason Rogers wrote:

> Hmm, interesting. What about reading Git's file formats directly and
> dumping to the command line via OSProcess for anything not easily
> dealt with? A la Grit (http://github.com/mojombo/grit/tree/master)...
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Robert
> Krahn<robert.krahn at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>> Hi, Jason --
>>
>> I think currently SqueakSVN hasn't any user.
>>
>> You might want to have a look at SqueakSVN's VMPlugin if you want to
>> interface Git with a language binding. The current version of
>> SqueakSVN uses
>> the C API for everything, however, earlier versions also used the SVN
>> command line tools via OSProcess which might also be interesting.
>> Since you
>> need a mapping of code structure to files you may also want to have
>> a look
>> at that.
>>
>> Best,
>> Robert
>>

>> On Jul 17, 2009, at 7:14 PM, Jason Rogers wrote:
>>
>>> Three questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Is anyone outside of HPI using the SqueakSVN tool
>>> (http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/projects/ssvn/index.html)?
>>> 2. Is anyone working on a similar project for Git?
>>> 3. Do any of the HPI folks have suggestions on creating a Git based