[squeak-dev] intersection: method for dictionaries flaky

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 00:24:12 UTC 2009

2009/7/21 David Goehrig <dave at nexttolast.com>:

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The problem with Dictionaries, is that they are part of ANSI standard
>
> Truer words have never been spoken...
> Seriously, there's no better way to kill a language than to make it an ANSI standard... :)

Standartisation is a kind of contract between all interested parties
in what they like to see or need from particular artifact.
Its enabling us to build more advanced techs,  which depends on
standardized artifact, without the fear that some parts of it will
behave unpredictably and therefore could put the whole end product in
danger.

If ANSI standard was made for other purpose than that, then we should
abandon it altogether.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.