[squeak-dev] Did Alice wander?

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Tue Jul 21 16:57:19 UTC 2009

I was reading about SqueakMap and came across the Swiki page for Alice

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1861

Is anyone actively using Alice in Squeak?

    - The page was last edited in 2004

    - The first link is dead

    - The second link goes to the new, improved Sun sponsored all Java
version of Alice, which appears to be healthy

    - The third link downloads a Ph.D. dissertation from 1997

    - After the outdated info is a rant on the shortcomings of OpenGL.
It just starts up, mid stream, "There is a serious design flaw in the
lighting or rather the shading." This should be removed.

    - A search on the Swiki for Alice includes a page on Falice which
links to www.falice.com which is a parked domain.

Last but not least, when I try to load "FullImageProjectAlice" I get
errors. Very likely I am doing something wrong.

Is this worth pursuing, or has Alice in Squeakland wandered off?

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com
http://openslate.net/