[squeak-dev] OSProcess DLL for Windows VM

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Tue Jul 21 17:44:28 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

One of the things they want BrainBot to be able to do right off the bat is
talk using the Microsoft speech SDK (using a specific commercial voice). I
have a nice little command line utility, so I can run something like this:

   say.exe Hello there, my name is BrainBot

I need to be able to call this from Squeak, which means I need OSProcess. I
don't have the DLL, and right now I don't have any way of building it
either (I'm running on a fairly tight deadline, and need to get this
running in the next day or two).

Does anyone have a recent version of that DLL? Or is there a simpler way to
launch a command line utility? Do I need a new VM as well?

Thanks,
Jon