[squeak-dev] A license in method/comment stamps

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 21:38:22 UTC 2009

Hello Igor,

This idea is interesting. Would you describe a typical usage scenario?
It could be all right as long as one doesn't have to retype (or being
reminded) the license each and every time.

However, the new community development model manifesto has a section
about the license. The trunk on the web has a link to this manifesto.
There's so much one can do to protect himself. But when shall it stop?

Even a pop-up Window stipulating that the upcoming commit would be
under MIT license with an "I agree" button would probably not stand
any better. A paranoid mind could easily think that a malicious person
could as well insert proprietary code and commit. That would be no
easier to determine this until it blows into our face.

Ian.

--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/