[squeak-dev] A license in method/comment stamps

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:05:03 UTC 2009

2009/7/23 Ian Trudel <ian.trudel at gmail.com>:
> 2009/7/22 Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>:
>> Right. Actually everythig , including author initials is built on top
>> of a good will of one who filling/providing a correct & trustful
>> information.
>> So, i don't see how we could protect ourselves from malicious intents
>> in this regard.
>>
>> If you think in that way, then maybe its not worth it at all.
>
> That was my point, Igor. Most Open Source projects have the license
> used on their website and a header with the license in each file.
> That's it. Plain and simple.

unfortunately, we don't have a kind of granularity named 'source
file', where you can put the 2-3 kb size header with license comment .
:)
We have MC, .cs , .st , .pr , .source , .changes , .image (+
DeltaStreams will appear someday )
they are all files, but in detail, they could contain a mix of
properly licensed & other code.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.