[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Smalltalk vs SmalltalkImage current woes

David Goehrig dave at nexttolast.com
Fri Jul 24 15:38:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, Smalltalk == SmalltalkImage current and everyone is happy:
>  - dictionary lives in separate ivar,
>  - fat & boring housekeeping stuff lives in SmalltalkImage instance.
>
> What you think?

particularly like this idea from the standpoint of delivering a
modules that exist within their own context.  It is actually not that
dissimilar from Forth systems that use different vocabs to support
multiple incompatible applications at the same time.

Something like this would solve one of the problems I've been running into
recently, where some code keeps mucking up the SystemDictionary's
associations causing the Compiler to error out.

Dave