[squeak-dev] Re: a small issue with updating the trunk

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 07:13:09 UTC 2009

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Andreas Raab<andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Confirmed. The issue is caused by the
> MCConfiguration>>updateFromRepositories which seems to be forcefully
> downloading newer packages even if they are loaded already. The only thing I
> know to do about it is to update the last configuration map to include all
> current packages.

could you please briefly fill me in about what a configuration map is?
I have only ever used Monticello with single packages, and agree that
this is a gap in my knowledge. :-) Is it some kind of "milestone" with
a set of concrete versions for all packages?

As for the issue with updateFromRepositories... I haven't looked at
the code yet, but wouldn't it be possible as well to check for the
version (the image knows about installed versions, right?) and avoid
downloading it if it is already there?

Best,

Michael