[squeak-dev] [ANN][Dev-Images] June 2009 versions

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 20:51:40 UTC 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 11:45 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Phil (list)<pbpublist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> While I'm feeling adventurous: are the manual build instructions
>> current?
>>  One of the things I tried when I couldn't figure out which image
>> was which
>> was the most recent one was to take the base 7179 image and build
>> my own but
>> ran into some problems attempting to do so.
>
> They are more or less current. I think they should work nonetheless.
> What problems did you face?

In the generateImage() function you have 'cd *' which I believe is
unnecessary and results in an error as there is no directory to cd
into, we're already where we need to be (again, I believe)

Then I ran into a problem getting squeak to load the script when
invoked from the command line (but this may just be an OS X VM
problem) so I manually invoke it and get an error on 'universe :=
Installer universe.' as Installer has no class method named universe.
It was shortly after I got this that I sent the email re: the image
links so haven't bothered to try going any further but I would like to
get it working.

I am using the archive of 7179 from squeak.org so it's possible that
there are some prerequisite steps I'm not clear on.

> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Thanks,
Phil