[squeak-dev] Re: Cuis-Squeak portability.

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Jun 11 07:23:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:45:09 +0200, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Hi.
>
> R. Clayton wrote:
>> If I file out Collections-SkipLists from Cuis (1.0) and try to file in
>> the
>> result to Squeak (3.10 beta), I get an error:
>>
>>   Nothing more expected ->classDefinition: #SkipList category:
>> #'Collections-SkipLists'
>>
>> Skip lists is just an example; filing in to Squeak from Cuis doesn't
>> work for
>> anything I tried.  This is broken, right?
>>

> Squeak change sets do class definitions via doits. In addition to the
> doIt, Cuis supports a new type of change, ClassDefinition.

How do you mean that? It is just a line with invalid syntax in a file that
pretends to be part of the Smalltalk world (ya know: receiver and message
selector and things). Example generated by Cuis:

!classDefinition: #Imports category: #'System-Support'!

Wouldn't it be easier to stick with the Smalltalk way of formulating
messages, like

!nil classDefinition: #Imports category: #'System-Support'!

and then supply an implementor of #classDefinition:category: which is also
good documentation (ya know: alt-m and alt-W and things).

?

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein