[squeak-dev] Re: need help building one-click squeak app for Windows

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Mon Jun 15 19:12:52 UTC 2009

For Win32 it would be better to create a typical
windows installer (setup.exe or setup.msi) which
is what most people expect (yes there are windows
user who dont know about zip ;)

It's easy to create, I've done one using the NSIS
(Nullsoft scriptable install system) to build a setup
for the latest pharo.

See my short HOWTO on the pharo list, which
is also accessible from my blog posting [1].

The latest pharo can be tested on Windows by using
such a setup (see [2]). Use at your own risk ;)

Would be easy to provide the same for Squeak - currently
it is done manually. Would be easier if one could provide
a windows build machine with net access to automate it.

On the other hand a "one-click" leaves no traces on
the system when you delete the directory ;)

Bye
Torsten

[1] http://astares.blogspot.com/2009/05/pharo-preview-setup-for-windows.html
[2] https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/22428/setup_pharo_0.0.0.4.exe