[squeak-dev] Re: The future of Squeak & Pharo

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun Jun 28 20:07:54 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg pravi:

> Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

>> At this point, I'd be leaning back towards squeak central
>> reintegrating Pharo,
>> given that Etoys already forked.

> Even disregarding what the Pharo people would think about the idea,
> doesn't that argument go both ways? As in "given that Pharo already
> forked, Etoys can now be reintegrated to Squeak"?

Hardly. Pharo deals with lower levels than EToys, EToys works in top of
that core, being Pharo or Squeak.

That's why I see Randal's suggestion reasonable and a nice refinement of
Göran's original "merge" idea. Then one should just adjust EToys on top,
or I'm too naive and don't see some technical problem here?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek