[squeak-dev] Merge mailing lists? (was The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Jun 28 21:24:25 UTC 2009

Am 28.06.2009 um 22:50 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck:
> Yes, it's true. But there is people that are in Pharo and don't want
> to be in squeak, and viceversa. Perhaps another idea is to have
> another mailing list, more general, where you can send things
> related ONLY with BOTH projects.
> Take also into account that Pharo mailing list is used for the
> development. It is very high traffic.
Ah, that is a misunderstanding. I was not referring to merging Squeak-
dev and the Pharo mailing list. I was referring only to the Squeak
mailing lists, e.g. Squeak-dev, Release, Webteam, V3dot11. Not all,
but some of those here: http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo

By the way, by merging I mean posting to the mailing list: "Guys &
Gals, due to the low traffic, let's discuss our issues over at Squeak-
dev in the future." Should someone post there answer it on Squeak-dev
and tell them. Remove references to the list from squeak.org and the
wiki.

Cheers,
Bernhard