[squeak-dev] Re: The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean)

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun Jun 28 23:47:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 01:25:49 +0200, Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> Am 29.06.2009 um 00:50 schrieb Klaus D. Witzel:
>>> Peace ;-),
>> Sure (peace ;) so we have lost for contradicting reasons, as well. Okay
>> then, now wearing my project manger hat:
>>
>> and now?
> Good question! :-)

[...sorry, it's late...]
> However, the real answer is: Let's discuss above variants.

No, since we'd be just running in circles.

> Let's brainstorm other possibilities for c). Let us argue what the
> advantages and disadvantages of the different variants are. And let's do
> it in an objective (How do you translate "sachlich"?) and not emotional
> manner. ;-)

Yes "sachlich", but I don't get your emotional, who was so?

O.K. we have these forks that happened (counting Croquet as well). Accept
it, it is the past.

On the other hand, some here vote for kitchen sink: accept it, but dictate
the price. And the price tag is: modularity, everybody can load into a
basic .image whatever she/he pleases. Damien and Universe have shown that
it works, even if this is always ignored.

Nothing else but modularity will work in the long run. I (for example) am
not interested in hunting bugs from kitchen sinkers who have long since
run away (or are not responsive).

/Klaus

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein