[squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Jun 29 03:07:10 UTC 2009

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
> This discussion resembles other inside Fedora community: what should
> be in/out of a distro and how to maintain it. There are three
> proposals: Squeak, Pharo, Cuis. I'll tell you what I don't like in
> Pharo/Cuis proposals: they resemble me Brazilian way of solving
> things: you have something that's just not working as you wish.
> Instead of correcting the circumstances that lead to the problem,
> people start a new project saying: "now everything will be all right".
> Later the so called solution is suffering from the same problems and
> people launches a newer project to fix what went wrong with the
> predecessors.

I don't agree with this at all. The biggest problems Cuis and Pharo are
trying to fix are the endless discussions, the weak leadership and the
impossibility to build consensus in fundamental decisions.

These problems will not happen again in Pharo or Cuis. At least not in
Cuis.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich