[squeak-dev] Re: I18-23N [was: The future of Squeak & Pharo ... etc]

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 05:08:55 UTC 2009

2009/6/28 Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com>:
> I asked for existing apps who need it.

I'll give you an example:
A Swiss person expects monetary amounts to be formatted like this: 1'234.56
A German person expects monetary amounts to be formatted like this: 1.234,56
For each of them, the other format is "wrong". Localization support
would enable you to tell the system: format this number for the locale
the user selected in his profile, without having you to know what the
formatting of this locale is. The same goes for dates.

So the user would be any web application that supports users from more
than one locale and has to display monetary amounts or dates.

> If there is no need, how can I test adding I18-23 support?
> I think you got me wrong.

I think so too.

Cheers
Philippe