Amazing stuff (Was: Re: [squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 07:36:37 UTC 2009

2009/6/29 Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
> BTW you did not answer this question: now that Pharo has taken the
> non-backward compatibility road, why is the question again arising for
> Squeak ?

Simply because:
" Every surgeon knows, that in order to force the bones to accrete
 correctly, you have to break them again. "

So, each time i thinking about potential changes in Squeak to improve
it, guess what? It doesn't makes sense to do that w/o cardinal changes
in some classes/protocols.
Maybe it is my personal style/perception, who knows, maybe i'm too
focused on cleaning stuff. But it will be last day of my life as
programmer, if i start using #isKindOf:orOf: or similar stuff. Or
start using stuff which using #isKindOf:orOf: .

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.