[squeak-dev] Re: Sq font rendering [was: The future of Squeak & Pharo ... etc]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Mon Jun 29 08:42:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:41:58 +0200, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Monday 29 Jun 2009 1:20:50 am Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>> working on: three parts 1) fonts/glyphs without new plugins/VM support;
>> 2)
>>   glyphs "char" map visualization (for end user support); 3) glyph
>> composition (for complicated scripts which need more than one glyph per
>> "character" location).
> That is a laudable set of goals.

:)

> The third part is especially interesting for
> stroke-based characters in Indic/Arabic scripts.

And in "very" ancient scripts, which are the reason for our project,
examples:

- http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/download.html

> I can help with Kannada
> (U0C80) and Tamil (U0B80) fonts.

Great :) I put you on the list of potential testers. At the moment we are
busy with basic WYSIWYG applets (visualizing glyphs/fonts). Will come back
to you in 1-2 weeks.

> How was the picture produced?

In the way that Igor wrote.

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein