Usability and look-and-feel (was Re: [squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Jun 29 19:03:15 UTC 2009

> Progress and backwards compatibility are fundamentally opposing forces,
> those insisting on backwards compatibility are the ones preventing
> progress.

Because they are opposing forces, we need to balance them. What you say
could be completed with: those insisting in progress are the ones
preventing actual software to be implemented.

What is the point of progress if you can't harvest it ? Don't you see
the drawbacks of a permanently moving target ?

Stef