[squeak-dev] Re: #leadingChar (Re: The future of Squeak & Pharo))

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Tue Jun 30 10:20:42 UTC 2009

> Paolo, since 1999 RFC 2482 awaits formal acceptance, so it does not
> really address any urgent need nor really solves a critical problem ?

Not really.  I cited RFC2482 because it was the first link I found, but
plane 14 language tags are part of Unicode 3.1 and later.  Regarding the
importance of the problem, Unicode experts are split 50-50 (though with
significant variations according to their nationality).  I'm not
disputing that anyway, just that the leadingChar is not an appropriate
solution.

Paolo