DeltaStreams status (Re: [squeak-dev] Let's push it)

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 30 14:35:58 UTC 2009

> The DeltaStreams code uses SystemEditor from Colin Putney - the new
> mechanism to *atomically* apply changes to the image. In fact, our
> work on DS contributed several fixes to SE because DS was first to use
> it seriously. I thin MC1.6 maybe uses SE too?
Hi Göran,

MC1.6 is pretty much primed to use SE, and its 3x faster than MC1.5
Traits are not yet supported AFAIK, matthew was working on it.

If you manage to recruit some helpers, perhaps you could have a further
look SystemEditor.
Recently a bug was introduced which results in obsolete classes.

Keith