DeltaStreams status (Re: [squeak-dev] Let's push it)

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Jun 30 18:41:24 UTC 2009

On 30-Jun-09, at 6:58 AM, Göran Krampe wrote:

> DeltaStreams are not here yet - but pretty darn close to be able to
> replace ChangeSets at least! It just needs a push. This means I
> agree with Andreas to use MC currently, but I also would like us to
> dig in our heels and get DS ready.

MC2 is in this position as well. It's available and useful, but it
hasn't had the kind of long-term and widespread usage that MC1 has. As
the interaction and collaboration patterns that MC2 favors become
clear, and the code base matures, it will become suitable for a large-
scale project like Squeak. But it's not there yet.

Colin