[squeak-dev] recategorize a bunch

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 07:08:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com>wrote:

> hi there, while loading some stuff of mine form an image to another, I was
> annoyed/surprised by not finding some methods. Then I've figured out that
> all
> not imported methods where missing because somehow they happen to be under
> category named *-changed some others under *-compilation-issues.
>
> There is a way I can query the system (monticello?) to get the whole and
> set
> them another category (so I can save the packageproperly)?

Let's say that SystemNavigation>>allMethodsInCatergory: answers
MethodReference instances instead of 'Classd>selector' string thingies, and
if it doesn't that it can by defining it as

SystemNavigation methods for query
allMethodsInCategory: category
| aCollection |
aCollection := Set new.
Cursor wait showWhile:
[self allBehaviorsDo:
[:x |
((category = ClassOrganizer allCategory
ifTrue: [x organization allMethodSelectors]
ifFalse: [x organization listAtCategoryNamed: category])) do:
[:sel | aCollection add: (MethodReference new setStandardClass: x
methodSymbol: sel)]]].
^aCollection.

then you want to say

    (SystemNavigation default allMethodsInCategory: #'* whatever the
category * was called') do:
        [:mr|
        mr actualClass organization
            classify: mr methodSymbol
            under: #'what I would like the category to be']