[squeak-dev] Re: SwaLint

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 18:12:58 UTC 2009

Tobias: I make get some time to try SwaLint. The truth is that for me, this
is very user friendly, intuitive and easy to use. In addition, It is very
customizable as you can modify your preferences with the tests. In fact, I
was very surprised and glad with it.

Ahh I have some questions:

1) I see there is one test that checks the "length" of a method. I like to
document and put all the necessary comments in my tests. So, in many tests,
I get "long method" but actually most of those methods are comments with "".
So, the questions is, can be comments ignored in this test?

2) I think when you have take care of the results and analyse them to fix
them, the common way doing this is going test for test. So, It would be
fantastic being able to browse a test. And when you do this, this browse,
takes all the classes that has occurrences. Example: "long methods" , right
button, "browse all". And this opens the browser with all the classes that
has the long method occurrences.

3) What does "Data class" mean ? are all the test detailed deeply somewhere
? like a webpage, wiki, or just SwaLint browser ?

4) What does "Dot after return consistency" mean ? I don't understand the %
and when it is average, low or high.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Mariano