[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Don't forget to vote people! >>> into Spam bucket

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Mar 4 07:37:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:12:43 +0100, Göran Krampe wrote:

> David Harris wrote:
>> Just a warning ....
>>  My vote email was put into my Spam bucket!!!
>>  I have retrieved it.
>> David
>
> Yes, one problem I didn't expect was the fact that the CIVS system
> (which sends out the ballots) used the "vote admin email" (=me) as
> sender. Since the emails are sent from the CIVS server this will cause
> several email systems to get suspicious.
>
> We will try to do something about that next year.

Don't put tooo much effort into this; in my shop we have one of the best
anti-spam servers that money can buy and your email came in at "business
level".

The only thing that *should* be changed is the CIVS server's compliancy
with RFCs and other internet standards, example (header inserted by my
server):

header 'From' From: "G\366ran Krampe, CIV...

Perhaps that's one reason that other email systems classified your mail as
SPAMish ...

/Klaus

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein