[squeak-dev] Community blog?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Mar 4 11:52:44 UTC 2009

Hi!

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> It would be more useful if the individual feeds were only for those blog
> posts tagged "squeak" ... for my taste too many non-squeak related posts
> make it to the planet. Most blog engines allow to tag posts, and to get
> feeds for specific tags only. Those filtered feeds should get
> aggregated, not every "guitar hero" blurb ;)

We just set up a Venus aggregator here at MSC - Venus is the enhanced
version of Planet that has filtering capabilities. Then you can filter
on categories/tags etc.

Furthermore - a blog aggregator (or community blog - but a blog
aggregator is IMHO smarter) serves a different purpose than a wiki.

I would though consider setting up a new "purged" wiki that "starts
over" from scratch and perhaps tries to limits itself in what it
documents - like perhaps from a given version of Squeak and forward.

regards, Göran