[squeak-dev] SUnit broken again in squeak-dev images.

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Mar 4 21:39:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 20:20 +0000, bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Damien Cassou writes:
>  > On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:06 PM,  <bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>  > > This time it's the method:
>  > >    TestCase class>>withInheritedSelectors
>  > >
>  > >        ^ self shouldInheritSelectors ifTrue:
>  > >          [ self allSelectorsBelow: TestCase ] ifFalse: [self selectors]
>  > >
>  > > The method #allSelectorsBelow: isn't implemented in the image
>  > > so it's hard to see what this is supposed to do.
>  >
>  > Sorry, it seems that SUnit depend on the following fix:
>  >
>  > Installer upgrade.
>  > Installer mantis bug: 7166 fix: 'Speedup-AllSelectors-M7166.1.cs'.
>  >
>  > Does it work now?
>
> Thanks, that worked. This is going to be added to the squeak-dev
> build scripts?
>
> Bryce

It appears we need to repeat the guidelines for how fixes are
incorporated into 3.11.  Better documentation suggestions are welcome.

It has been stated repeatedly now that for 3.11 Mantis will be used as
directly as possible for fix/enh including indicating how the build
system should treat issues.  If you look at the report for this issue

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7166

you will note that this is marked as being fixed for 3.10bc and it is
marked as Resolved.  This should mean that it is shipped in the 3.10bc
(now called 3.10-build I think) images already.

Ken