[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Preference pragmas

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 5 08:22:09 UTC 2009

Norbert Hartl wrote:
>> PS. I'm only posting this to Squeak-dev since I have a distinct feeling
>> that my comments wouldn't be very welcome on the Pharo list. Please feel
>> free to forward it and correct me if I am mistaken.
>>
> Come on, guys! To be honest for me there are too much subtle things
> floating around here the last weeks. How can we think about building a
> common base for squeak, pharo et al. if there is so much emotional
> cruft lying in the way?

 From my side it is not emotional cruft. It is respect for their
decision. Anyone should be allowed to do what they'd like to do with the
people they'd like to do it. I don't feel invited (for good reasons I
think) and I don't want to intrude other people's private space. If this
is mistaken I'm open to changing it, but until I see evidence for that I
think it is wiser to leave the Pharo folks their own space.

Cheers,
   - Andreas