[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Preference pragmas

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 5 17:20:36 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> http://n2.nabble.com/Preference-refactoring-again-tt2403814.html

Oh. That is indeed quite similar. Two comments:

* There is really no need to specify a #setter: in the pragma - the name
of the setter can be derived from the getter (read-only preferences
would be pointless, no? ;-)

* There is really no need to specify the default explicitly - it can be
derived from the current value when the preference is registered.

Other than that it looks good. It would be trivial to adjust my version
to use this pragma pattern but I would still prefer it if we could
collaborate on the implementation.

Cheers,
   - Andreas