[squeak-dev] Elements - a Scratch-like Smalltalk

Jens Moenig jens at moenig.org
Thu Mar 5 21:27:55 UTC 2009

Hi Jecel, representing a "show result" as new object tile is an excellent
suggestion! I had been considering something like this but couldn't come up
with a (quick and consistent) paradigm. Currently the element tiles
themselves don't actually store any values, let alone bytecode. They're just
place-holders for ... words, really. Similar to (or rather the exact same
as) text typed into a workspace or browser scripting pane, they don't ever
point to "live" objects, like Etoys-tiles or Scratch reporter blocks do.
Therefore I'm not so sure if allowing any object to become an "object
element" really would be easy or even feasible. But I'll definitely keep on
thinking hard about this, and am open to any ideas.