[squeak-dev] [Election] Results are in!

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sun Mar 8 20:18:34 UTC 2009

Hi all Squeakers!

The Squeak Leadership Team 2009 Election ended 2 hours and 15 minutes
ago in fact - promptly at 18.00 UTC. Sorry for the late post on the
result, had to get back home first.

For this year we had 461 authorized voters, but only 432 ballots were
sent out due to bounces. Of the 432 ballots sent 188 voted, that gives
us about 43% voting (last year we had 40% voting, 178 votes). But in
2007 we had 45% voting, although fewer authorized voters and fewer voters.

So conclusion is that we are growing, although slowly. :)

With that bit of boring statistics I bring you the leadership team for
the following year starting from NOW. The order reflects the ranking
from the election:

1. Andreas Raab
2. Bert Freudenberg
3. Craig Latta
4. Randal L. Schwartz
5. Ken Causey
6. Igor Stasenko
7. Jecel Assumpcao Jr

And thus the candidates left out are the following (also in ranked
order):

8. Matthew Fulmer
9. Edgar J. De Cleene
10. Brent Pinkney
11. David Mitchell

Noteworthy is that Craig, Bert, Randal and Igor thus will serve one more
year, with new blood added in the form of Ken, Jecel and Andreas.

This also means that we say a BIG THANK YOU to Giovanni Corriga, Edgar
J. De Cleene, Dan Ingalls, Tim Rowledge and Yoshiki Ohshima for having
served on the leadership team the previous year.

Detailed result can be seen at:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_f48a814ea5d852de

And thank YOU all for voting and all the best to the new team!

regards, Göran Krampe, on behalf of the Election Team