[squeak-dev] Elements - a Scratch-like Smalltalk

Jens Moenig jens at moenig.org
Sun Mar 8 22:54:11 UTC 2009

Hi Bob,

thanks for you interest in [i]Elements[/i]. Being an attorney myself I'm
always delighted by enthusiastic license related discussions in open-source
online communities. However, truth is, I simply don't care about the IP
rights regarding the things I create myself and post online. I also don't
much care about any other pre-formulated license and all the zealotism
that's evolved around them, so let's just say I'm releasing [i]Elements[/i]
into the public domain (now, please don't argue with me if the Squeak
license, which might apply to parts of the image I took for this work allows
for this, I hope they don't care either:-)) and would be thrilled about any
discussions / contributions / remixes / whatever coming out of this (how
about calling the license "discussionware <g>?")

I hope this answer clears that.

-Jens