[squeak-dev] Class#category implementation

Thomas Kowark thomas.kowark at gmx.de
Tue Mar 10 16:24:32 UTC 2009

On Mar 10, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> (on-topic comment at bottom)

Sorry for the top-posting. I will pay more attention to the answering
style in the future.

> There are few things in Squeak that are impossible ;)
>
> Classes are just objects. I can modify the category instance
> variable for example. Or, I can modify SystemOrganization without
> informing the class. I can swap the identity of two classes. Etc.
>
> - Bert -

So while it is possible, it is still pretty unlikely to happen when
developing let's say a regular web application and using only the
System Browser in order to alter one's application classes? I just
wasn't sure, if "regular" usage of Squeak as a development platform
can make this cache become invalid.

Thomas