[squeak-dev] Re: keeping arrow for assignment operator

Zulq Alam me at zulq.net
Fri Mar 13 11:13:07 UTC 2009

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Raab wrote:

> So perhaps a starting point is to try to replace screaming with getting
> a better picture about what the opinions on an issue really are. In
> other words, for potentially controversial issues we (the board) could
> organize a poll if there is an actionable proposal on the table. The
> board could then use the result of the poll as a guide to see whether to
> approve the proposal or not.

Can you explore the scenario where the board goes against the majority
view? I think in practice it will be quite difficult. If it never
happens this becomes less an opinion poll, more a defacto binding
referendum. I'm not saying this is good or bad, I just want to get a
better idea of how it will work in practice.

Thanks,
Zulq.