[squeak-dev] [ANN] Tirade

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:23:50 UTC 2009

Hi Goran,
Two remarks:

1) closing the language:

I know you want control and security.
But are you sure the language is opened enough for future deltas extensions?
I think of arbitrary method attributes for example, that might require more
complex objects than just strings.
Imagine for example you need to enter rich text attributes and specify RGB
colors #(1.0 0.0 0.0)...
You could eventually enhance syntax to allow a Float literal, but not easily
a Fraction (if ever needed...).

2) securing the language:

You'll definitely have to black/white list messages...

become: {'#hacker inspect'}.
evalStrings.