[squeak-dev] Problem with cdelc and apicall

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:09:20 UTC 2009

People: I am having a problem with cdelc and apicall in windows with
SqueakDBX.

I have a abstract class OpenDBX with the subclasses:  OpenDBXWin32 and
OpenDBXUnix. SqueakDBX detects which OS you are using and instances one of
them. They have these methods:

OpenDBXWin32:

apiBind: handle database: databaseName name: userName password: password
method: method
    "int odbx_bind(odbx_t* handle, const char* database, const char* who,
const char* cred,int method )"
    <apicall: long 'odbx_bind' (ulong char* char* char* ulong) module:
'libopendbx-1.dll'>
    ^self externalCallFailed

OpenDBXUnix:

apiBind: handle database: databaseName name: userName password: password
method: method
    "int odbx_bind(odbx_t* handle, const char* database, const char* who,
const char* cred,int method )"

In linux, I don't have problems, but in windows, when I try to download it
from MC, I have a "sintax errror"

"OpenDBXUnix api calls apiBind: handle database: databaseName name: userName
password: password method: method"

apiBind: handle database: databaseName name: userName password: password
method: method
    "int odbx_bind(odbx_t* handle, const char* database, const char* who,
const char* cred,int method )"
    <> expected ->cdecl: long 'odbx_bind' (ulong char* char* char* ulong)
module: 'opendbx'>
    ^self externalCallFailed
    <cdecl: long 'odbx_bind' (ulong char* char* char* ulong) module:
'opendbx'>
    ^self externalCallFailed

Does anyone have an idea of what can be happening ?

thanks in advance.

Mariano