[squeak-dev] Re: Problem with cdelc and apicall

Markus Fritsche fritsche.markus at gmx.net
Sat Mar 21 23:32:05 UTC 2009

Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Looks like you don't have FFI installed.

> I feel like a stupid. I am one of the SqueakDBX author :)

Hehe... Hit shappens ;-)

> This is a very good notice for us. Actually, you can compile openDBX by
> yourself or by binaries. Last week I update the wiki and I explained that
> here:
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6129

Hmm, put in my todo. I had to tweak the makefiles a bit on windows, since
"xyz.so" was hardcoded and so "xyz.dll" was not recognized to be built by
the OpenDBX-build chain.

Also, on make install, the DLLs are not copied correctly, but you can pick
them from the lib/.libs/ dir. I supposed that should be discussed on the
OpenDBX mail list.

I uploaded the sqlite3 dll to http://reauktion.de/flugphase/2009/03/19/

> I couldn't compile sqlite3 on mingw in xp. I could do configure, make and
> make install, but the dll was no generated.

I think you have to 1. explicitly invoke "./configure --enable-shared" and
then the DLLs could be found in sqlite-3.6.11/.libs/

> Could you tell me how yo do all this ? I would be very helpful for me as I
> am putting all the information on the wiki.

I used sqlite-amalgamation-3.6.11.tar.gz as a starting point and the (a bit
outdated) mingw/msys build environment.

> On the other hand, I would also like to do a SAR that automatically does
> everything, but I have no idea how to do it. If someone want help, this is
> appreciated.

As a starting point you might take a look at the OS-Process SAR package, I
think it comes with everything (plugin, etc) needed.

> Just of the record, are you using it just to test it or you want to use it
> for a real purpose ?

Testing, since I saw that the old sqlite3 interface doesn't work anymore.

I plan to build my super-cool sea-side every 12 weeks... but then I'm having
more fun to just build a toolchain to *not* use it thereafter :D

Best regards,
       Markus