[squeak-dev] How to get a list of all plugins in VM

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Mar 23 21:06:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 13:53 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> How do I find out what plugins my current VM was built with?  This is
> about an already built VM, not VMMaker.
>
> The closest I have found is
> SmalltalkImage current listBuiltinModules
> and listLoadedModules.
> I believe that external, unloaded modules will not appear in either.
>
> I'm trying to figure out if I'm setup so I can use some of the font
> packages.  I'm running a 3.10 image (but 3.9 VM) on Linux (Debian
> Lenny).
>
> How do I get a list of all plugins?

On Linux you can find them in the same directory as the VM, something
like /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.10-1/ for example, which you can discover
by following the symlink you likely use to start Squeak
in /usr/local/bin/ or /usr/bin/ .

A way to do this in a more platform independent method would be nice.

Ken