[squeak-dev] Kernel fixes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Mar 24 03:34:37 UTC 2009

Folks -

While fixing Semaphore>>waitTimeoutMSecs: in our internal images, I
noticed that 3.10 was still missing a number of important Kernel fixes
that we've long taken for granted. If you run servers or rely otherwise
on heavy process/delay/semaphore usage you will definitely want to apply
the fixes provided at http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7321

To install, either download the patches or just execute:

	Installer mantis fixBug: 7321.

Do note that these fixes apply only to 3.10 since they assume other
changes to be present (so they won't work against 3.9 for example).
Also, they depend on each other so unless you are really careful you
should not pick and choose (this is why they are filed as a single bug).

Cheers,
   - Andreas