[squeak-dev] Re: How to get a list of all plugins in VM

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Mar 24 07:46:44 UTC 2009

Göran Krampe wrote:
> Andreas Raab wrote:
>> MyClass>>pluginVersion
>>     "Returns the plugin version, or nil if the plugin cannot be loaded"
>>     <primitive: 'primitiveVersion' module: 'MyPlugin'>
>>     ^nil "indicates failure"
>
> ...and out of curiosity - is there currently a way to "enumerate" these
> entry points? That would probably be nice to have otherwise, some
> convention.

By "entry points" you mean primitives? If so, no, there isn't. The entry
points are regular library symbols and I don't think the platforms
provide a way of enumerating these.

Although, I will point out that (IIRC) Igor and Eliot have both
mentioned changing the plugin interface to export a list of symbols that
might be enumerable.

Cheers,
   - Andreas