[squeak-dev] [Ann] System-PasswordManager

Vaidotas Didžbalis vaidasd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:23:49 UTC 2009

> You can validly continue execution from an error (unlike, for example,
> Java). Sometimes, I'd get an error, fix things up in the debugger and then
> continue execution.

New image has only one implementation of "error:", and it signals
non-resumable exception. This contradicts to the behaviour of
debugger, since pressing Proceed in debugger resumes non-resumable
exception. So it a bug in Debugger.
Regarding coding style, if function called do returns some value, then
it must have some meaning to the caller. I fail to see the meaning of
receiving non-resumable exception as a result of function call. I
think the right way to look at this is to assume, that after signaling
non resumable exception none of the following method instructions will
be executed; so caller must not bother checking the result of
function.
Vaidotas