[squeak-dev] Kernel fixes

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Mar 24 13:06:26 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Folks -
>
> While fixing Semaphore>>waitTimeoutMSecs: in our internal images, I
> noticed that 3.10 was still missing a number of important Kernel fixes
> that we've long taken for granted. If you run servers or rely
> otherwise on heavy process/delay/semaphore usage you will definitely
> want to apply the fixes provided at
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7321
>
> To install, either download the patches or just execute:
>
>     Installer mantis fixBug: 7321.
>
> Do note that these fixes apply only to 3.10 since they assume other
> changes to be present (so they won't work against 3.9 for example).
> Also, they depend on each other so unless you are really careful you
> should not pick and choose (this is why they are filed as a single bug).
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Thanks Andreas!

I loaded all this in my 3.7 derived image, and everything seems to work
fine. I had previously loaded the following related changesets from you:
    SafeDelay-2.cs, DelayTweaks.cs, DelayStartup.cs (from Mantis #6576,
update #7144 in 3.10)
    SemaCritical.cs (from Mantis #6588, update #7153 in 3.10)
Are these the other changes assumed to be present?

Thanks,
Juan Vuletich