[squeak-dev] Re: ProcessWrapperPlugin.dll [was: OSProcess capabilities on Windows]

Aran Lunzer aran at meme.hokudai.ac.jp
Wed Mar 25 07:34:05 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
>>> b) Use your current build environment and #define VM_PROXY_MINOR to be
>>> the minimum version you can get away with (i.e., the minimum version
>>> the plugin compiles with).
>>
>> Wow!  Approach (b) did the trick!  I only needed to increment by 1.
>>
>> Sneaky but effective  :-)
>
> Not sneaky at all. The interface is designed in such a way that you can
> compile for older proxy versions if you'd like to.

Hmmm... I see what you're saying.  But I only recompiled the VM,
pretending that it has a minor-version of 6 when in fact it only includes
the changes up to 5.  That's surely sneaky, in general... though in this
case I have the source code of the newest VM and of the plugin, and a
quick look suggests no major code-breaking changes between 5 and 6.

And the test cases all run, so something must be happy.

Thanks again

Aran