[squeak-dev] Re: Problem with supperclasses in Sunit

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 26 04:39:02 UTC 2009

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de
> <mailto:andreas.raab at gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     SUnit will only use inherited test selectors if the superclass is
>     declared as abstract. I find this horribly annoying but that's the
>     way it is. You'll have to implement something like:
>
>     SuperTest class>>isAbstract
>            ^self == SuperTest "NOT ^true since this makes subclasses
>     abstract too"
>
>     See ToolBuilderTests and its subclasses for an example.
>

> It doesn't work :(  I tried it with my class and also with
> MVCToolBuilderTests. In both cases I get this wallback:
>
> any ideas?

Well, that's because you have some non-standard patches to SUnit loaded.
If you use a straight 3.10.2 image it doesn't even include methods like
#allSelectorsBelow: or #withInheritedSelectors that show up in your call
stack.

I suggest you don't just load every random "enhancement" you find on the
net in particular when it comes to something as fundamental as SUnit ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas