[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Meeting Report for 3/26/2009

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Mar 26 22:00:16 UTC 2009

Please find this at

http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/meeting-report-for-3262009/

and comment.

Unfortunately life intruded this week and we never formed a proper
quorum at any particular point in time.  However overall we did spend
nearly an hour and a half chatting and during this time every member
(Jecel Mattos de Assumpo Jr, Ken Causey, Bert Freudenberg, Craig
Latta,  Andreas Raab, Randal Schwartz, and Igor Stasenko) did show up at
some point.

We did manage to finalize the decision to change the name of this team
and our name is now the ‘Squeak Oversight Board’ (SOB it is, so be it).

Otherwise we chatted about issues freely.  This was by no means a total
waste.  We have new members and some new topics and it is useful for us
to be able to casually voice our thoughts and hear the comments of
others.  This should help up make faster progress during the next
meeting.

The topics of discussion included: the current status of  SFC membership
and relicensing, licensing and rewriting methods to be license
compliant,  the status of 3.11, the teams model, a mission statement for
2009, teams/board/foundation content of www.squeak.org website, and
release team processes.

Homework for next week includes: ideas for a 2009 mission statement,
publicizing the blog ( http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/ ), schedule
meeting with SFC to discuss relicensing, query existing teams for
current status and near term goals, and talk to 3.11 release team
further.

Our next meeting is scheduled for April 2nd, 2009.  An agenda for that
meeting should appear on our blog in the next couple of days so check
for it and contribute discussion topics.

http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/

Ken