[squeak-dev] Parser question

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Mar 27 05:51:44 UTC 2009

Folks -

I have a quick question about a particular Parser behavior. It appears
that when dealing with unknown variables in
Parser>>correctVariable:interval: the requestor is only asked to provide
a valid binding if the encoded variable is lower case. What is the
rationale for this?

What I'm trying to do is to get the browser to provide certain bindings
when accepting code - but right now this will only work for lower-cased
variables. Considering that the requestor is usually a Workspace, or a
Browser that has significant context about the compilation it seems odd
not to allow the requestor to provide alternative bindings in the
context of a previously undeclared variable.

Any insights are welcome.

Cheers,
   - Andreas